Monday, February 23, 2009

Johnny Cash

I have always been a fan of Johnny Cash. His style of music, the stories he tells, and a great voice all combine for a great experience. The video below is on my blog not just because I like the song, but because I just love the imagery in it. I think some of Johnny's later works, including cover songs, were some of his best stuff. There is a simplicity in it that combines the raw form of music you might find playing on the front porch of a lone house in the south on a warm evening, with the refined skill of a master of his trade. The imagery, shot in black and white, has great angles and masterful light. A great song to listen to with great imagery to go along with it.






Regards, Dave

No comments:

Followers

Alamy


Stock photography by David+Keating at Alamy