Saturday, June 6, 2009

Athen & Hillary's Reception

Hillary is the daughter of a friend, and we attended their wedding at the Scotia Inn as guests. Of course after the photographer left I had to break out my camera for the reception. The light and the mood was perfect for the way I like to shoot. With the lights dimmed, the Scotia Inn offers some great light. All of these shots are using available light only. No flash is used. ISO for those intersted was 1600 with EV of -1 to get an acceptable shutter speed. All shots were taken with a Canon XTI and a 50 f1.4 lens shot at 1.4. The effective ISO with an EV of -1 is 3200. There are a few shots in brighter areas that are shot at 800.

I love this style of shooting. It enables you to catch the moments as they happen. I think as you look through these, you will see what I mean.

































The full set of photos can be seen here.

Hope you enjoy, Dave

No comments:

Followers

Alamy


Stock photography by David+Keating at Alamy